Often the drillhole data for an individual domain within a deposit / resource model is spatially discrete from other data and, therefore, not centred within the 3d viewer. This can causes difficulties validating Variogram continuity direction planes and model ellipses.
There is a workaround for this which can be completed by following these steps:
- Start with the default view for one domain's composited drillhole data, displayed in perspective mode (3D/P)
- From the View icon drop down menu, choose “View Top”
- Pan the screen (hold down the Shift key and left mouse button) so that the axes are over the centre of the data or over the area of interest.
- Next, centre the data vertically by rotating the view, by using the left mouse button, to a section view (do not choose another View option, or the view centre will reset) and Pan the screen again
- Toggle the hole IDs on and off using the "Show string name" check box in the String tab on the left panel - the view should now be centralised for both the data and the continuity element.